7.16.2012

One Café A Day Project - Strangers' Reunion

This marks the very first post of my One Café A Day (OCAD) Project, a one week solo journey of cafe hunting in Singapore.

Day One: Strangers' Reunion


Tucked along the shophouses of Kampong Bahru Rd lies Strangers' Reunion. Let me warn you, it is pretty easy to miss, so please do keep your eyes peeled for this sign.


It wasn't crowded when I came because of the timing, I'm sure. I settled myself down and was given the menu. I contemplated over getting the buttermilk waffles, because I was alone and was afraid I couldn't finish it, but I did order it anyway.


 Buttermilk Waffles with Fresh Fruits & Maple Syrup + Flat White.


The buttermilk waffles wasn't dry and I feared for nothing because I did manage to finish it all by myself! I even wanted to try the red velvet cupcake, but there wan't any more space in my stomach. It looked so tempting and good. I'll save that for my next visit.



Another reason to love this cafe. Its interior. I lost count of the hours I stayed in here. Probably two? Spent the whole time sketching. Felt a combination of happiness and peace.



Mostly low chairs. I purposely picked a seat that was next to the wall so that I can lean on it. All in all, this cafe is definitely worth a visit. I shall be posting up my sketch soon.

Strangers' Reunion
37 Kampong Bahru Rd 
Singapore 169356
Opening hours: 
Mon-Sun 9-10pm
Closed on Tuesdays.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/StrangersReunion


No comments:

Post a Comment